Friday, May 20, 2011

Get To Know - a Little Graphic

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your Etsy shop name?
Our shop name on Etsy is aLittleGraphic.
How did you come up with that name?
We wanted a name that would be memorable and a bit cheeky while expressing what we do. We also wanted a name that would match our website/blog.

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
We offer digital vintage images that we have restored, preserved and otherwise derived from actual vintage artwork, sheet music and other paper ephemera that are at least 75 years old.

Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
Blogger. I love to design a blog so it looks like a website. I had no idea I was this much of a geek, but there it is. I'm also a twitter junkie http://www.twitter.com/alittle_graphic and have several twitter accounts for my various interests.
Do you craft yourself? If so, what do you like to make?
Making jewelry intimidates me. I love working with paper, but I have crafter's ADD so I tend to start a project, then get distracted by something shiny and abandon it. Making my digital vintage images and collages is my crafting outlet.

Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I am embarrassed to say I have very few secrets. I guess one fun little-known fact about me is that I can be seen as a waitress in the movie "Bruce Almighty" during Tony Bennett's rendition of "If I Ruled The World."

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Guacamole. And chips. No really, it's a healthy meal.
What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
To learn what crafters need and fulfill those needs.
To offer an automated system that would allow our customers to receive their files immediately, 24 hours per day. To expand our product line to include more collages and vintage images.

If you sell on other venues, where else can we find your items?
We are setting up shop within our website at http://www.alittlegraphic.com/. We want to provide "on demand" service to our customers, so through our website they will be able to either download images or receive them via email immediately. Frankly I don't have the energy to open up shops on artfire or zibbett!

Feel free to add anything else you would like. emh productions, inc. is the corporation behind alittlegraphic and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am Liz Hewes, president, chairperson and chief bottle-washer.
A love of vintage, a passion for creativity, and an inability to throw anything away have all conspired to bring us to this place we like to call virtual vintage. It's heartbreaking to find a gorgeous 100 year-old piece of sheet music that has been marked up, folded, and used as a coaster. So we scan it, doctor it, crop it, tweak it... and return it to the world as a "new" creation. It's our humble little way of playing God.

0 comments: