Friday, May 27, 2011

Get To Know - Country Cottage Supply

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your Etsy shop name?
Which one? LOL!! Country Cottage Supply
How did you come up with that name?
When I was growing up, I spent summers at my Grandparent's farm. Although they were retired farmers then, I loved it "the farm". And when I moved to my current home, it felt like I was in the country even though we are close to everything. So this is MY Country Cottage!!

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
Whatever I can find or have extra from my stash! Currently I am selling miniatures, my Grandaddy's Lunaria Seeds, glass, and crafting books.

Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
I love to surf looking at many different craft and art sites, but I also try to keep up with my friends and family on Facebook when I have time. Many of you are on FB too and it helps me see what new ideas are on the horizon. I don't have a lot of time for the computer, so Etsy and Facebook are priorities when I do have a few extra moments..
Do you craft yourself? If so, what do you like to make?
I love to piddle with everything. I love colored glass, mosaics, decoupage, photography, and jewelry and beads. I'm learning to scrapbook and am using all of the ideas and items from my other projects and loves within my books. I hope my children will appreciate these years from now. They will show how much I love them and how much I want to be creative. (I must have learned it from my Mom, who loves color, color, color!) Mixed media is great!

Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I've always thought that a day is wasted if I don't learn something new or experience a creative moment every day!

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Whatever my wonderful hubby wants to cook! I used to cook all the time, but he has spoiled me! Do I have to pick dinner? I'm happy if I have my coffee, a salad, and anything chocolate!!
What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
I'm actually fortunate enough to have retired from my “real” job early. My goal is to maintain my shops and hopefully expand in the fall. Having shops on Etsy allows me to stay in touch with what everyone else is doing in the art and craft world, allows me to declutter my craft room, and allows me to have a little extra spending money when I go on scavenger hunts for more supplies! I wish I had time to really make it a 40+ hour a week project because I love it! But life is precious and I love being retired and spending it with my husband and family. I was blessed to have helped my Father and Sister before they passed away, and now help with my elderly in-laws, and help with raising my sister's three special needs children. Life is too short - every day is important. But Etsy is a big part of my life too!!

If you sell on other venues, where else can we find your items?
I used to sell on Ebay and I've sold on Artfire before, but I am focusing on Etsy. Catch me at CountryCottageSupply, OurBookShelf, PackRatPattys and PattysPassions on Etsy. My newest is OurBookShelf and is a collaboration of my love of collecting and my husband's love of reading. OurBookShelf and PackRatPattys both actually have lots of photogravures that would be great as a “supply” in other artwork, even though they are gorgeous framed by themselves. I just love them - beautiful Oriental, German, and Religious black and white prints.
Feel free to add anything else you would like!
I've enjoyed spending time on Etsy and the team boards. I just wish each day had about 48 hours in it !! I am truly thankful to be a part of this, and I really appreciate those that are the "glue" to it all!
Country Cottage Supply - Supplies and more!
OurBookShelf - My Books, Photogravures, and Paper Site
PackRatPattys - Vintage and Supplies
PattysPassions - A few of my loves sold here! My art and more!

Thanks Ya'll !!!

0 comments: