Friday, April 29, 2011

Get To Know - Matur Suksema

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your Etsy shop name?
Matur Suksema (mah toor sook sah muh)
How did you come up with that name?
It means thank you in Balinese. More literally it means to give good feelings. I was looking for a name that no one else had that had meaning for me and hopefully for my customers.

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
Genuine, direct for the artisans Bali sterling silver beads and findings. Also direct for the artisan hand carved bone faces in lots of sizes and shapes. Fairly traded, BTW. I actually know several of my artisans personally. And because of that we can do custom work.
Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
Lots of them. For selling, Artfire and Zibbet.

Do you craft yourself? If so, what do you like to make?
Not anymore. I did when I was younger but I realized I never finished anything so I quit starting. It’s called ADD! The fun is in the planning and starting and then I get bored. I just found a pair of pillow cases unfinished in my “hope chest” that I started when I was in grade school and I just turned 64!
Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I take groups to Bali and hope to have a group next year that goes to Komodo National Park, one of the national parks in Borneo where the orangutans are, and to a national park in Sumatra where the endangered tigers, elephants, and rhinos are. Those are all in Indonesia.

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Take-out Thai food!

What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
To continue to grow my sales
If you sell on other venues, where else can we find your items?
eBay, World of Good by eBay (things I can’t sell on the other venues), Artfire, and Zibbet, all with the ID matursuksema

I have wholesale and quantity discounts on the bone items but the buyer needs to contact me before buying so I can do a custom listing.

1 comments:

a Little Graphic said...

your beads are beautiful and i was fascinated with your shop name story. i too am a (non-diagnosed) a.d.d. personality which leads to many unfinished "projects", so i can totally relate.

how do you manage all those shops? i have 2 etsy shops and it's making me twitch.

liz
aLittleGraphic