Friday, April 15, 2011

Get To Know - Grams Vintage Buttons

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your Etsy shop name?
GramsVintageButtons
How did you come up with that name?
My Mom's Mom was very special to me and we named this shop after my gramma Boyea. I was her first grandchild and I had a chance to live with her just before I got married. Our time together will always be a favorite memory for me.

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
We sell buttons for crafting and collecting. At an auction we were lucky enough to get an old picnic basket full of vintage black glass buttons from the Victorian era. Now Mom (my business partner) and I are on the look out for old buttons to add to our shop.
Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
I am kind of addicted to Facebook. My kids are on it and most of my huge family (I have over 40 first cousins) and I love to play Farmville! Bad girl!!

Do you craft yourself? If so, what do you like to make?
I used to make jewelry with my Mom. We sold our jewelry at home parties. I have issues with my hands now and the wire work that I enjoyed is now difficult to do. I also love to do scrapbooking. I have several going right now, one for each son ( I have 2) and I am redoing my wedding album.
Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I have a tatoo! Shhh...;)

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Chicken pesto - my kids love it and it is easy to make with a store bought pesto.

What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
To list, list and list some more! I have found that listing new items brings in shoppers plain and simple.
I also have 2 other Etsy shops.
CarDonCreativeDesign where we sell jewelry making items and LottieMaesVintage where we sell most everything vintage.

2 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
I love looking through my Grandma's button box. I'm off to check out your Etsy Shops.

Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie

Anonymous said...

Love all the colors and textures of buttons and your shop!