Monday, January 19, 2009

Get to Know -- Patterns and Such



What do you sell?

Patterns And Such has patterns and other supplies and vintage items - the supplies and vintage represent the "such" in our store name. We will always have a variety of patterns including plastic canvas, sewing, knitting, crochet and anything else we destash. Our supplies and vintage will vary as well - currently we have buttons, leather pieces, aida cloth, hair barrettes, vintage needle holder, and vintage craft magazines. Our inventory is constantly changing.

What's your favorite item/line that you sell?
I love when I find a vintage treasure to add to the shop. I would love to keep each and every piece but I know they'll be better cared for and loved by someone who really wants them.

Give us an idea on how to use your products. Do you have a picture of your own project?
I sell knitting patterns, and here is a photo of one of my knitted scarves. This scarf is actually available for purchase in my sister shop, http://ennadoolf.etsy.com. My sister used to do a lot of plastic canvas work and I wish I had photos of some of the creations she made.

How did you choose your user name?
The purpose of this shop was for destashing patterns and I knew I had other supplies that I needed to destash as well, so we added the "and Such" to our shop name.

Biggest indulgence or guilty pleasure?
I watch reality tv shows. But I knit while I watch them, so I figure that validates it and its no longer time totally wasted. :)

Favorite food?
Oh, chocolate of course, and blueberries, not necessarily together.

Favorite non-craft website? Favorite craft website (not Etsy)?
My favorite non-craft website is http://e-guiding.com - it's a Girl Guide / Scout website that is run by volunteers. We maintain several webpages - GuideZone and TuneGuide - that provide resources for Guiding and Scouting leaders for their units or troops.

And my favourite (Canadian spelling!) craft website other than Etsy is http://www.knittinghelp.com because sometimes I need to see how a stitch is done to make sure I'm doing it right and they have great videos.

What is one thing that nobody would know about you.
Good question! I don't think people really know I'm addicted to those reality tv shows! lol

What are your plans/goals for 2009?
I'm going to learn to knit socks. I usually like quicker knitting projects, so this will be a challenge for me. I have also purchased yarn for two afghans, but I'm not sure when I'll knit those. It might not be in 2009.

Where else do you sell?
Our plastic canvas patterns are all displayed on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/patternsandsuch - we haven't added them all to Etsy yet, but eventually will.

And I have a sister shop - http://ennadoolf.etsy.com - where I sell my handmade items such as topsy turvy dolls, corking sets (aka knitting spools), Barbie clothes, handknit cup cozies, scarves, hats and I'll be adding more of my photography.

And I just wanted to add that joining Team ESST was one of the best things I did after opening my shop on Etsy - this team provides great support and I've made some great new friendships.

Please visit Patterns and Such on Etsy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your feature. I wish I could knit! You have great variety in your shop. Glad you're a part of Team ESST.

circleinthesand said...

What a great feature on a wonderful lady. Anne has been a favorite friend of mine on Etsy for a while now. She's awesome and I absolutely love browsing thru her shops!!

Rocki Adams said...

Great feature & lovely shop, so nice to meet you! Mmmmm... chocolate... blueberries!

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Oh, I wish I could figure out how to use your patterns. I'll get there yet! Newbie knitter here.

ennadoolf said...

Thank you for the feature! Joining Team ESST was certainly a good thing! :)