Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Get to Know -- Kalliopi


Hello, my name is Kalliopi and my etsy shop is http://kalliopipaper.etsy.com

What do you sell?

I sell a mix of items including new and vintage items, beads and paper handmade by me. I try to sell things that are unique and things that I love!

What is your favorite item that you sell?
At the moment it is the buttons as I have been able to find some great vintage and new buttons. I also love making the handmade paper.

Do you make some of your own items?
I have another Etsy store where I sell brooches & earrings that I make http://kallliopi.etsy.com. You can see different examples of how I use the beads and buttons that I have collected in my jewelery. I plan to start incorporating some of my handmade paper into my jewelery too.


How did you choose your user name?

My first name is Kalliopi. It was my great grandmother's name and also the Muse of Epic Poetry! I came up with the name Kalliopi Paper because I was intending to only sell handmade paper and cards but then I had so many beads and buttons that I thought I should share some of them with the Etsy community.

Street clothes or Pajamas?
It is summer in Australia now which means I wear dresses everyday... I have a big collection of dresses including some fantastic handmade dresses by some local Melbourne crafty girls.

Biggest indulgence or guilty pleasure?
I have to eat a piece of chocolate every day.

Favorite non-craft website? Favorite craft website (not Etsy)?
Non craft: www.butterpaper.com
Craft: http://en.dawanda.com/ (I've only just discovered it)

What is one thing that nobody would know about you.
That I collect orange glass and Pyrex vases, jars and bottles. I have a little 'orange' corner in my apartment!

What are your plans/goals for 2009?
My plans for 2009 are exciting but scary at the same time as I will be leaving my secure day job to start my own small business as an architect and crafter. Fingers crossed!

I also hope to be more organised with my supply store as I have collected so many fantastic beads and buttons and I really need to find the time to put them online. I aim to post 2 or 3 supply items a day in 2009.

Where else do you sell? Other IDs, sites, local shops, etc
I only sell my supplies on Etsy but I sell my jewelery at various other places including a shop on Dawanda and an Australian online craft website called MadeIt.

I also sell at 2 stores in Melbourne including Incube.8r on Collingwood who support independent Australian artists and Charles and Calypso, a homeware store in North Melbourne.

Please visit Kalliopi on Etsy at http://kalliopipaper.etsy.com

4 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

A wonderful feature! Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Kalliopi on your feature. Fabulous shop!

CarDon said...

Fabulous feature! Love to learn about our team :)

MK Beads said...

It's nice getting to know you! I love your shop!