Friday, July 1, 2011

Get To Know - My Country Closet

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your etsy shop name?
MyCountryCloset
How did you come up with that name?
I live in a rural part of East TN, and my inventory is all related to clothing, such as patterns, cloth and trims.

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
All types of patterns, womens, mens, kids, craft and doll patterns. Fabrics and trims as available. I have tons of each, so it's just the process of adding them to my shop.

Favorite website aside from etsy?
Facebook, where I stay in touch with my family..4 adult children, 9 grandchildren, plus siblings and extended family. I have a link to my etsy stores on FB.
Do you craft yourself? If so, what do you like to make?
I've been crafting and sewing since I was 9 yrs. old. I've made just about everything in types of clothing, decorator linens, toys, dolls clothing, coats, costumes, etc. I've also been crocheting just as long; scarves, bags, afghans, pillows, doll clothes, and more. My grandmother taught me how to crochet and I learned how to sew by trial and error. I also make miniatures, and tried about every other hand craft technique.

Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you?
I have terrible hand-eye coordination; I was always the last one chosen for teams!

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Salads, all styles, and with everything included except for the recipe card. I have a great Greek salad I make often, and I'm always looking for new recipes.
What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
To get the hundreds of items I have for sale written up, photographed and posted. I'm determined to destash this year !

If you sell on other venues, where else can we find your items?
I sell as Sews4you on ebay for all items not acceptable for etsy.
Sews4you

I also have another etsy shop here:
FeedsackCrafts
I have a few blogs to promote my products and teach sewing techniques.
sews4you-peggyspretties
sews4you

0 comments: