Friday, June 10, 2011

Get To Know - Sew Many Diapers

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your Etsy shop name?
Sew Many Diapers
How did you come up with that name?
I thought it sounded cute for a play on fabrics used to make cloth diapers. My husband hated it when I first told him about it, but I get lots of compliments and he admits now that I picked a good one!

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
I sell fabrics, notions, and patterns mostly geared towards making cloth diapers.
Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
I love reading discussion boards about cloth diapering and I am a new member of the SewingMamas discussion board also, as I'm trying to branch out from diapers to children's clothing as well.

Do you craft yourself?
If so, what do you like to make? I love to craft, but I never seem to find the time! The cobbler's kids, right? I am always finding things that "need" to be done on the computer, mostly to actively market my business and keep it updated and fresh.
Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I was once a guest on the Jerry Springer Show (no, I didn't take off any piece of clothing and I did not get into a fist fight...it was a LONG time ago, and I hope the footage never resurfaces!)

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
Spaghetti! Easy and fast to make, not to mention cheap...and I know that every member of the family will eat it without complaining!

What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
I'd like to get to the point that my business is doing more than just supporting itself. Being in the black is great, but all this work that I do is not yet putting any money towards paying our household bills and I'd like to be able to brag that I work at home AND make a profit doing it! I'd also like to expand to finished goods, but if I can't even sew up an outfit for one of my children, I doubt I could ship up an entire line to fill up a shop...but a girl can dream, right?
If you sell on other venues, where else can we find your items?
I have 2 regular websites where I sell basically the same types of items: http://www.sewmanydiapers.com/ and http://www.sewmanypatterns.com/. I have a third site set up at http://www.clothtots.com/ (and an Etsy to go with it) which I think is a great looking site, but alas, nothing is stocked in there yet. At least when I do get the sewing mojo going again, I will have the site up and ready to go.

2 comments:

Christine Burgess said...

I love the name of your shop.So cute and catchy.

That's funny about Jerry Springer.

Dribs n' Drabs said...

Love the name of your shop, such a cute play on words! Such cute fabrics!