Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Get to know.... 'The Artist's Closet'



What is your Etsy shop name?
The Artist's Closet

How did you come up with that name?
I thought of the place where I keep my art supplies and where people would most likely store theirs.

What sort of crafting supplies do you sell?
In The Artist's Closet I sell Mixed Media, Book Arts, and Altered Art supplies.

Street clothes or PJ's?
- sorry Yoga pants and an over-sized sweatshirt or sweater. The pleasures of working from home!

Favorite website(s) aside from Etsy?
Apartment Therapy
TheGreenGuide.com
What Bird.com
ColorMatters.com
CoopAmerica.org
The Dalai Lama
ok-I'm a bit of a web geek!


Do you craft yourself?
Yes

If so, what do you like to make?
Jewelry, Collage, Decorative Art

Please tell us one thing that nobody would know about you.
I don't like wearing socks. Even in the dead of Maine Winters.

What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
If I am alone (without my husband or boys) I love imported cheese, stoned wheat thin crackers, red grapes, pistachio nuts and a glass of wine. With my family we have been into Indian Food lately. Tandoori chicken, even though I don't have a tandoori oven.

What goals do you have for your shop over the next year?
To increase sales in all six of my Etsy shops by marketing off site. Create more handmade goods. Try to establish more wholesale accounts of my handmade items in local shops (live in Maine-seasonal coastal community).

I have a total of six shops on Etsy. Three Supply shops and Three Handmade.

For all your Mixed Media, Book Arts, and Altered Art supply needs.


For a unique selection of Vintage inspired Supplies such as Birds, Nests, Imported Die Cuts and Dredens.

For a Variety of Paper and Vintage Ephemera.

For Artful Seasonal Arrangements.

For an eclectic assortment of French inspired creations.

My Own Jewelry, Accessory and Decorative Arts Designs can be found here.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful shops. Inspiring me to stock up again on etsy.

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

We're so lucky to have you as part of our team!
Michelle-

CarDon said...

Do you have time to sleep:)